Photoshop can be a very powerful tool for creating layouts and designs, but it is not purpose built for the web. This is because photoshop uses a PSD (Photoshop Document) file format, whereas the internet relies heavily on HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) scripting to display websites to users.
So, if you have PSD files that you wish to implement in your website, you need a PSD to HTML converter. Fortunately, this is exactly what we offer! If you’re not sure where to start, or want to know how to make the best PSD files, we’ve prepared some useful information to help!
The design process for any website begins with a basic layout, which is worked upon in software’s such as Photoshop and saved in PSD format. When a design process is completed, it must be converted to HTML format for web usage and coding. The process of PSD to HTML conversion is essential in transporting a website online. This is the most commonly used technique when designing as website from scratch.
While the process of using a PSD file may seem like an extra step, it enables the designer to be more creative with the layout of the design and at the very same time allows for easier coding. Designers can compare and consider various elements of the site and opt for Photoshop’s plethora of tools also allow for fine tuning of intricate graphic details such as drop shadows and rounded corners. Hence, PSD to HTML conversion is the ideal technique to opt for.
A step by step breakdown of the process is as follows:
- Design a wireframe of the site which includes elements such as headers, footers and sidebars.
- Transport this layout to a Photoshop file and make sure it represents the final version of the site
- Pick a coding tool such as Atom or Sublime Text and begin the basic structure work
- Begin developing the html file with the help of CSS
- Make it responsive for devices such as mobiles and tablets
- Style individual elements such as heights, colours and margins
- Include the segregated elements and create the html file which combines the visual elements with the layout
- Upload the file on to the server
The process is simple to follow once practised thoroughly and can be mastered with ease overtime. In fact, many web companies follow a team workflow, where the designer is responsible for designing the site and slicing the elements and the developer handles the steps of uploading and coding. This ensures a thorough and timely process is followed, while also allowing the designer and coder to play to their strengths.
There are a variety of new software’s nowadays which merge the two elements of designing and coding. However, the process of PSD to HTML conversion can be a great starting point for an aspiring designer, enabling the person to get familiar with the software and better understand the intricacies of the designing process and how the visual and textual elements of a site come together.